Track Cycling World Championship 2013
The International Cycling Union (UCI) at a meeting of the Leadership Council on January 27 of this year entrusted the capital of the Republic of Belarus - Minsk with the right to host Track Cycling World Championship in 2013.
Track Cycling World Championship is the most prestigious competition in the discipline and has been held regularly since 1893. About five hundred of the leading racers from more than fifty countries from all over the world take part in this competition.
Traditionally, the World Championship receives extensive coverage in the media around the world:
- 10 television channels will show the competition in a live broadcast;
- 25 television channels will show the recorded transmission of the Championship;
- 100 hours is total amount of time of live broadcasts of the competitions;
- 100 million people form a television audience of the World Championship;
- 300 representatives of various media are accredited to the Championship;
- 25,000 fans will attend the competition on the velodrome of Minsk-Arena.
World Championship will be held on February 20-24, 2013.